EDI Transmissions Used
#852 - Product Activity - sent by the Distributor
Tells the manufacturer the distributor’s inventory level and product activity. The standard #852 only transmits a "change" since the previous transmission. An all item refresh sends every field for every item.
- Quantity Available (QA): Distributors Current Inventory Available
- Stock Type (QA-reference segment): "P" = Managed, "N" = NonManaged
- Quantity on Order (QP): The Distributors Backorder with the Manufacturer
- Quantity Out of Stock (QO): Distributors Backorder to their End Customer
- Quantity Sold (QS): Total Volume Sold since the last Transmission
- Frequency(QS): Number of Sales that makeup the Total Volume
- Quantity Damaged (DG)
- Quantity on Hold (HL)
- Lost Sales (LS)
- Planned Order Quantity (OQ)
- Calculated Reorder Point (PO)
- Quantity Committed (QC)
- Additional Demand Quantity (QD)
- Quantity in Transit (QI)
- Minimum Inventory Quantity (QL)
- Maximum Inventory Quantity (QM)
- Quantity Received (QR)
- Adjustment to Inventory Quantity (QT)
- Quantity Returned by Customer (QU)
- Quantity Transferred (QZ)
#850 - Purchase Order
Communicates the items to be ordered.
#855 - Purchase Order Acknowledgement – sent by the Manufacturer
Sent by the seller to the buyer to acknowledge an order.
#856/857 - Advanced Ship Notice - sent by the Manufacturer
Sent out right before the Shipment leaves the Manufacturer. It is a notice of the contents of the shipment and any additional information relating to the shipment.
#861 - Receipt Advice - Sent by the Distributor
Communicates what was actually received by the Distributor.
#810 - Invoice - sent by the Manufacturer
#820 Payment/Remittance Advice - sent by the Distributor
Back to About VMI